Anemia refers to a state that means lack of blood. It is the most common blood disorder that occurs at what time the quantity of red blood cells decrease in the body. These red blood cells contain hemoglobin - the red coloring matter, a protein and are collected of an organic compound called "heme". Hemoglobin helps the red blood cells to hold oxygen from the lungs to other parts of the body. The arrangement of hemoglobin depends on adequate dietary resources of iron and protein.
Types of Anemia
* Iron deficiency anemia: It is the most common type of anemia. Iron is required for the formation of hemoglobin. When there is less iron in the body it causes iron deficiency anaemia.
* Aplastic anemia: When body stops manufacture enough red blood cells and chances of infections increase.
* Underlying diseases: Certain ailment or conditions can affect the structure of red blood cells. Like in kidney malfunction one is on dialysis and kidney is not in the circumstance to produce hormones that are obligatory for iron absorption.
* Pernicious anemia: When body is not able to soak up vitamin B12 from the foods, the condition is known as destructive anaemia.
Causes of Anaemia
* The two main causes of anaemia are the abridged or low formation of red blood cells and heavy loss of blood due to injury, heavy menstruation and bleeding piles.
* Any defect in the bone marrow or an inadequate intake of iron, vitamins and proteins results in low formation of red blood cells.
* The lack of hydrochloric acid that is required for digestion of iron and proteins also causes anaemia. Various chronic diseases like tuberculosis, kidney failure, rheumatoid arthritis
May cause anaemia
* Presence of intestinal vermin that feed on the vitamins and extra nutrients also lead to anaemia.
Home Remedies for Anaemia
Tea and coffee should be avoided as they hinder with the iron absorption.
Beets are very important in the cure of anemia. Its juice contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, iodine, iron, copper, carbohydrates, protein, fat, and vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and P. Beets act as natural remedy for anemia.
A cold-water bath is the valuable method in curing anaemia. Two baths are recommended daily.
Home remedy for anemia
Cold friction and hot Epsom baths for 5-10 minutes once a week are recommended.
Another effective anemia treatment is to take sunbaths are also beneficial as sunlight stimulates the production of red cells.
Three - Four dried figs are recommended a day for anemic persons as this is very simple and good home remedies for anemia.
Honey also plays an imperative role in improving the health. Lemon and honey or apple cider vinegar is highly beneficial when taken through morning. This is one of the best anemia cures.
Massaging the body daily also helps to remain the blood level in the body high. This is another simple and good home remedy for anemia.
Deep breathing and light train like walking also tones up the arrangement and increases the blood level.
Various yoga asanas similar to sarvangasana, paschomittanasana, uttanpadasana and shavasana are also beneficial and good home remedies for anemia.